I call Austin, Texas my home. That’s where my still parents live, where I’ve made fantastic memories with friends and where I’ve experienced a lot of my childhood. I’m very particular to Austin and love it there so much!
You might ask, then why move out? What compelled you to move to NYC?
My answer: Austin will always be there. I wanted to experience new and exciting things and explore a new and spectacular city. I’m very excited to be planning a(nother) wedding with my husband in my hometown when he gets back. I’ll be walking down the aisle of my childhood church with my dad. I will wear the same veil my mom wore on her wedding 30 years ago. I’m so excited!
I’ve been missing my hometown lately. I think it has something to do with the weather here in NYC. Luckily, it’s been very nice this weekend, but before it’s been pretty chilly!
Anyway, here’s what I miss the most about Austin!
1. My parents (obviously!)
2. My friends (sort of another obvious answer…haha)
4. Good ol’ Texas Barbeque: The hubs and I went to Lamberts Downtown Barbecue for our private wedding dinner. It’s a bit on the pricy side, but don’t underestimate delicious gourmet awesomeness! Don’t forget Rudy’s too! Rudy’s even ships now!
5. Barton Creek Greenbelt: It gets so green and lush – and during the spring and summer time, it’s perfect to go swimming!!
6. Schilitterbahn: This is technically in New Braunfels, which isn’t terribly far – and they have military discounts! If you’re in the area, I totally recommend going!
7. Texas State Capital: It’s an impressive building. I read somewhere they it’s the biggest capital building under the national capital.
8. Texan pride!: There is a reason our state slogan is “Don’t Mess with Texas.” 🙂